The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported over 350,000 truck accidents in the U.S. last year with almost 4,000 fatalities.
Below are the most common reasons or truck accidents.
1. The major cause of truck accidents is driver error. Alcohol and drugs and long hours that bring on fatigue are distractions.
2. The second cause is equipment malfunction.
3. Another major cause is Improperly loading the trailer. A truck must be properly balanced or the load may cause a driver to lose control.
4. Driving in hazardous weather is especially dangerous; a truck on a slippery road becomes difficult to handle.
5. Trucks are likely to involve two or more cars in an accident because of their size.
If you have been involved in an accident involving a truck of any type, please contact the team of personal injury lawyers at Potter Law Firm.