While mold is around us all the time, it doesn’t typically present a problem until it contacts a damp surface. Mold can find a home on paper, in carpet, on wood and even on Sheetrock. Wherever dampness is found, mold will soon follow.
This means that toxic mold can be found in your home and place of work. You may be exposed to it at the grocery store or when you visit the gym. People who are sensitive to mold may experience symptoms like congestion, sore throat, coughing and irritated eyes. People who are allergic to mold may have a more severe reaction while those with chronic lung ailments may find that their condition is exacerbated to a dangerous degree.
Mold can become a problem in any damp atmosphere. Restrooms, locker rooms and industrial areas are just a few. Undetected water leaks can make themselves known through the growth of mold spores. The key is to identify areas that are prone to dampness and water exposure, and then to take steps to address the problem.
It is a troubling reality that parties that are at fault when it comes to exposing people to toxic mold do not always take proper responsibility. This party could be a contractor or home builder. Other times it is the landlord of a rental property or the owner of a retail space who has neglected to properly repair a leak.
When an owner, manager or other responsible party fails to protect people from toxic mold exposure, the law provides victims with the means for receiving compensation. Talk to the toxic mold lawyers at the Potter Law Offices today.